(UPDATED! Please note the new date. We’ll be presenting this session on March 20th, at 9:30 am to noon at Microsoft’s office in Chevy Chase, MD. We hope you can join us, as it’s shaping up to be a lively and very informative event!)
Reduced budgets, economic pressures and competition require our commercial and public sector clients to accomplish more with less these days.
After more than two years of early adoption research, analysis and technical readiness, AIS has determined that SharePoint 2013 has game-changing functionality as an application platform. We leverage it because we can build great applications more quickly — and at reduced cost because we write much less code.
Most organizations own the product. But few truly leverage it as an application platform. This free half-day session will present the major new capabilities of SharePoint 2013 and how they can be used for a new generation of applications, including:
- Compelling User Experience, mobile browser support and productivity enhancements to delight users and drive adoption
- Enhanced collaboration / social media integration
- Robust and decoupled workflow engine to address even the most complex business process automation
- Ability to re-vitalize and migrate Microsoft Access applications
- Improved digital dashboard capability through PowerView
- Cloud integration including seamless integration with Windows Azure and Office 365
- Improved e-discovery and matter management via better centralized and aggregated records management
This seminar will highlight the many reasons to aggressively migrate to SharePoint 2013 by reviewing the many new and enhanced features, while providing context and insight into the new generation of application they enable.
AIS bloggers and team members Vishwas Lele, Jason Storch and Chris Miller will be presenting. For more background, you can read our full SharePoint 2013 blog coverage by clicking here. In particular, be sure not to miss Vishwas Lele’s entry on the SharePoint App Dev Platform: The Journey So Far & the Road Ahead.
When: March 20, 2013, 9:30 am to noon
Where: Microsoft Corporation, 5404 Wisconsin Avenue, Chevy Chase MD (map)
Please click here to register for this event, or feel free to email me directly. We hope to see you there!